Loading

Monday, July 03, 2006

The Bliss of the Solitude!!!!!




It was 12:00 PM already by the time I got off from my bed today ...well, that’s partly because it's a Sunday and more than that, I was pretty much tired due to the train journey last night....I 'quickly' got ready, reached my aunt's place, picked up mom, dropped her off at sister's and headed to the gym.
By the time I reached the place, it was 2:10 PM already. I was hardly surprised to see none there. In fact, I would have been much more 'surprised' (read embarrassed) if I found that half-naked guy I saw last week around at this time.
The entire place was pretty much dark and dull, probably, due to the lack of lights. I tried to find the switches but was in vain. Finally I gave up and thought I would start off with my jogging (before some one comes in and spoils the bliss of solitude). I switched on the music system and it was Britney there, crooning joyously about fooling some guy...huh....for one sec, I just felt how it would have been so "unacceptable" if n-sync or BSBs sang about cheating on their GFs....
Having figured out that these songs would not help me in my jogging (believe me, music really matters while working out. It would be really hard to run at 12 kmph while listening to 'Strangers in the night'), I switched on the TV and tuned in to Star Movies. It was 'Cocktail' that was being played. Not sure if any you ppl have watched that movie but I like that movie. Not just because of Elizabeth Shue (who, was amazing, by the way) but also because of the story line. Anyway, by the time I tuned in, I already missed almost 60% of the movie... In fact, to be exact, it was when Tom knew that Shue was pregnant. By the time Tom got 'spoofed' for the last time in the movie, I was at 5.2 kms on the treadmill, which was decent because I was just planning for a 5.5 today.
To round things off, I decided to make it 6. But guess what the next movie was?? the Child’s Play 2!!! yuuuccckkkk...I can't stand that movie at all. Particularly, the doll..it just freaks me out...so, I tried my luck with other channels but none seemed to prove any better. So I switched off the TV. This made the room even more darker. Just then, I realized the glass screens were all closed...I thought I would take them off so that I could at least have a good peek at the nature and finally, some light in the room other than the one from the TV CRT Screen.
Before I go any further, I should tell you about the geography of the room a little. As any other normal room, it has four walls (stop it!!)...However, the wall facing the treadmills has a huge glass window with white porous screens. The window almost covers half of the perimeter of the wall. The TV hangs on the other half of the wall over a suspended base support. The climbers are placed on the left of the treadmills facing the north of the room. Apparently, the people who use this don't have the privilege to watch the TV unless they stain their neck a lot...
Coming back, I paused the tread mill, got to the window and pulled aside the screens. As I saw through the glass windows at the sky, I was mesmerized by the sheer beauty of the nature. I had a wonderful view of the sky, the distant hills and the fluffy grey clouds...for once, I felt so ecstatic that I could hardly think of anything else other than the grace with which the drifting clouds moved over the background of the blue sky torn beautifully at the edges by the surrounding hillocks...I'm neither a poet to capture that beauty in the words nor a painter to freeze it with life on the canvas... I ain't a photographer to frame it on a film...neither am I, a dancer to blend with in it... I was just a layman standing there totally submerged in the beauty….
Still caught in it, I got on to the treadmill to finish off the left over business. I don't know why but I could not practically take off my look from the scenery, until the treadmill started beeping. I looked down and lo!!! I completed a 10k...wow, Before this happened, I would have never agreed that I could run a 10k watching mere clouds, hillocks and sky, with out any music..with out any TV...just the nature...and I would say, of all the runs, this would be the best.....
Luv

No comments: