Loading

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Expectations

when was the last time you said to some one " Don't worry. Things will be alright...”
hmm...I said this very recently to one of my friends. Well, while speaking these words, however, I was not sure what I actually had in my mind...
I guess, we say these words more to show our sympathy and concern to the other person rather than to predict some thing for them.
At least, I felt it this way. I knew things would be fine and there is no absolute necessity for me to utter such prophecies.
Well, all these wouldn't bother me much if the other person was expecting exactly the same from me. i.e. some concern. beyond that, I truly feel that every one should handle his/her own problems themselves and there is nothing much others could do.
Also, from my past experiences, I have realized that interfering in to other's personal issues would only invite unwanted coldness and friction between them. Again, I don’t claim I'm true. I can be equally wrong at my interpretations. hmm..It all depends...
coming back to my question, what is that we expect from others when we are feeling low???
Well, as far as I’m concerned, I would expect people to listen to me and my problems, suggest me and instigate a confidence in me. But, what generally happens is that people take me to be a really mature and bold. So, they would end up saying 'Hmm..I don’t think you need all that persuasion and support and I'm sure you know what's good and what's not...so, I guess, you can handle yourself'. Hearing these words, though I feel a little bad, I know there is no point in convincing them other wise, ….rather, I would prefer coaxing my self back to normality as a better option.
But yeah…such words do boost up my morality and confidence levels and at times, make me self adorable.
This is the reason why I generally don’t ask people about their problems unless they confide in me by themselves. I think asking them about their personal life is not proper. If at all they feel they should tell you things, then, they would do so even before you asking them.
One more thought that’s coming to my mind right now is ‘Am I afraid of being disliked or is that I’m trying to play things too safely??
I don’t know but as of now, I would prefer being a dilettante unless I’m invited in.
That’s all for now.
Luv

No comments: