Loading

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

happy diwali !!!!

yet another diwali..this is what I felt for this diwali..expect for bursting a few crackers, I didn't do much so to say. But yeah..mom and dad prepared a variety of dishes yesterday..so, had a good time hogging.. :))
But one thing I noticed yesterday was that the very essence of the festival is being limited to firing crackers and eating food...I'm it was not thing way during my childhood days...there were a lot fo things happening simultaneously.. relatives, new clothes, hours of pooja and many more..
all that was missing...
Mom was the only one who was truly interested in firing crackers...rest of us were like 'hmm...not interested...' types...she forced me fire some and so, had no other option. so, took her downstairs and fired a few cracers...worsst part was that in my entire apartment, i was the only guy who was firing crackers....rest all were busy watching television..i felt stupid...i thought a festival is the time where in you gather in groups and celebrate. But, here I'm, alone, trying to burn 5000 work crackers :(
After bursting a few, I gave off the rest to the street kids eagerly looking at me while I was bursting..
atleast, they would have a nice time with them..
but yeah..this festival has a specialty..its after 4 years that my entire family(akka, amma, dad and me) were there...
hmm..need to get back to work...
Luv

No comments: