Loading

Friday, September 02, 2005

The importance of Being 'Single'

Being single has its own advantages. The most important one is that you don’t need to wait for any one. I hate waiting for people and particularly, when there are many other interesting things to do. May be because I have been single for most part of life(so far), I did not get used to waiting for people. Yet another advantage of being single is that you don’t need to plan things based on others' choices and possibilities. You can do what ever you feel like doing and when ever you feel like doing. You don’t need get any approvals or give any explanations. For all you guys who are 'hooked on', such a thing will be unthinkable. And yeah, one more excellent advantage of being single is that you come out of the stereotyped aspects of life and try thinking big and different. Today, I was talking to some of my team members, who were all married, about what they do during their free time. Most of them told me that they don’t get any free time. Either they are occupied with their office work or with the regular chores at home. Even though they feel like watching a movie or a cricket match, they cannot do that because they are too busy with other stuff like feeding children or buying grocery and so on. Of course, I do agree, things all boil down to preferences, but its still feels tough for a bachelor (like me) to understand the commitment.
As far as disadvantages are concerned, I guess, I can see only one. It’s that you are forced to clap with just one hand… :(
Luv

No comments: