Loading

Friday, August 12, 2005

Dental woes

'Root Canal treatment is the onyl possible solution to your problem' said the doctor. These days, the right tooth was paining like hell. I thought it was time that I consulted a dentist.
'It costs you a total of Rs 6800 . You can as well pay by card' said the assistant. Hmmm...that was a huge amount for treating just one tooth. But, I didn't have any other option either. Cursing my negligence, I acquiesced to the doctor's suggestion.
After a pre-medication period of 3 days, the root canal treatment wa done today..oh god...the very thoughts of the treatment itself is sending spasms in my body. First, the doctor administered the local anesthesia (oral) to the upper gum and then, he started piercing needles ( of about 3 inches length) in to the canals of the tooth to clean them. Later, he removed the nerve in the root of the tooth and showed it to me saying 'This is the living part of your tooth. This is the one that causes the pain in the tooth. Now that its removed, it wouldn't pain you any more". There was one female doctor who was assisting him. He called her and showed her the nerve. Her reaction was phenominal. Disgruntled looking at that, she said 'Please, dont show me such things'. I asked her 'why?'. She gave a stupid smile 'I dont know. I have always been allergic towards such things'. couldn't help laughing 'coz being a doctor, I thought she would have seen much more annoying things than a 1 inch nerve. The worst part was the anesthesia. I felt like my entire right cheek was dead and numb. It was more like a dead part.
Anyways, after the 45 min saga of piercing and scrubbing, he placed some cotton dipped in medicine and asked me to come next Tuesday for the dressing. Hopefully, this time, it would be so painful.
Well, the good news is that there are no diet restrictions and also, most importantly, I can start using my tooth from the next week onwards (believe me, I haven't been using it for the past 7 years).
Guess, that was an awkward topic to blog up on. Never mind.
Luv

No comments: