Loading

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Expectations (Broken.....)

'There are some things that you expect others to do, some things you expect others not to do and there are some things that happen by themselves'...this is from the popular serial 'Sex n City'. Though, in the first read, its sounds some thing that is more obvious and some thing that does not need a special mention, it reveals more as we think about it. This could probably be the simplest way any one could say about something that is so complex and intricate. I mean, the expectations and how they influence most part of our lives.
Analyzing the statement, I see the first two parts as almost similar. In both the cases, you expect others to do some thing. I mean, asking some one not to do some thing is also like asking them to do. However, there is a thin line between these two. The kind of options in the first case are very limited. i.e. when you are expected to come early, it means, you have to come early. Even coming on time will not do. However, when you are expected not to come late, it means that you could as well come on time and still be safe.
coming to the third phrase, these are some things out of our control. These happen just because they have to happen and you can't blame some one for their happening.
I know all I have done is to just analyze the three phrases. I thought I would talk in depth about expectations, but guess, I have already done that earlier.
So, shall end this mesg here (abruptly...I know, this is some thing which you might not have expected from me...but that is how things are...so, better luck next time... ;))

No comments: