Loading

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Hum Tum





well, let me pick up the topic that is close to my heart and mind as well. Can 'Hum' aur 'Tum' ever be friends??

To start with, I guess, Hum, Tum are quite immature characters(no matter how hard the author tried to breathe in extra
matured ness in them, which is rare in children of that age), but when blown up and viewed in a larger perspective, its
a thing that we all get to see every now and then in our lives............either experiencing it our selves or by seeing
our frnds....

'Can 'Hum' aur 'Tum' ever be friends??' Well, tough question in deed but, I guess, the answer is simple though.......its
a BIG YES......ok..yeah...I am able to hear you guys shouting at me to give reasons..... well, then, firstly, hum and
tum are humans........now matter what ever sex they belong to, I guess, they still have many in common between them,
both physically as well as psychologically....... pretty much true, right.......So, I don’t understand why this should
not happen…..(coz bloody anything can happen amongst us creatures…strange. isn’t ??/) but, yeah.....I agree that still,
the magic of the opposite sex works on a person....I bet most of us(or can i say, all of us) agree to the fact that the
relation between a male and female is more strong and intense with emotions than the relations with in the same
sex........ and why, I attribute that to the human curiosity. Its like the other creature also belongs to the same
animal family (Homo Sapiens) but its behaviour is pretty much peculiar( mark my words...its just the behaviour and not
thoughts...there is a lot of difference between them) and at times, very much alien and strange....probably, its this
curiosity in us that pulls us to the opposite sex and forces to figure out those things....and once they we close, its
as natural for us to get in to a relation(deeeeeeeep)........... Well, I can also see, at times, the tolerance that we
put in such relations is exceptionally high.......for example, a friend I knew in the college never allowed any one to
touch his hair.....(well, he suffered from a kind of XXXXXXXXXXANTIAPATHY, which even I dont know....) but, one day,
when I was coming back from college, I have seen his female sitting next to him and dabbing him on his head over and
over......and when he noticed me seeing that, all our hero cud do was to give a dazed smile...well, I bet many of you
would have found ur selves in similar situations either on the victim's side or on the subduer's side....well, what ever
it may be, its I guess, pretty much true that this could also be a reason for the relations between a male and a female
getting intense (and also, constantly on the verge of collapse, once it reached the zenith of closeness. probably,
because u were never yourself with the other person....hope I am not confusing u guys here)

So, this is where, we feel tempted to declare that relation has digressed from the original path of friendship.... Well,
before answering this, my question to u guys is, who has defined friendship? and if at all it is defined by some tomm,
has he also made it clear that this is what it shuld be when the people involved in this are of opposite sex? and if at
all he has defined it so, why should I buy that when it does not convince me enough?

No two relations are alike... and hence, even the friendship that I call can be some thing different to some other
person....and at times, it might differ from my own relation with some one else...so, why so we need to fix these terms
when that is not really of any practical use for us? I remember people saying 'My wife is my best friend....' now, what
does that mean? what happened to Hum n Tum here?

So, in that sense, any relation between a male and a female can be considered true friendship( or what ever name you
give..it does not matter) as long as it is not based on physical lust(as far as I cud see, this is the only qualifier
that puts the two people in to a different identity of relation than the one we have been (rather, were made to be)
calling friendship)..... well, once again, I say, lust should not be the reason for that relationship and that’s
it...nothing less..nothing more...(obviously, I guess, no harm as long as it is ancillary)

So, my view is "lets stop kvetching about things that we are not really interested in and that are not really useful
either... and try more to enjoy the company of people....."
---------------------------------
Written on March 22, 2005

No comments: