Loading

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Its been really long since I got back to u....blame it all on my work...these days, its eating away even my free time :(
nyways, I have made a resolution that from now on, I'll blog for at least about 10 mins a day...
what else?
life is all about planning....this is what my manager told me during my recent appraisal session..he also went on explaining things about how planning helps us in being successful in both our personal and work life. To quote him..' You should not only plan for your immediate future but also for years rolling. i.e, if I ask you what would you be, five years down the lane, you should be able to tell me'.Though i nodded my head in affirmative in front of him, I'm really puzzled as to how people can really lead such a planned life.
I dont know why but planning has always failed in my life. I'm not sure what the reasons are but, I was never really able to reap the harvest of an effective, time-bound plan. I say this not because i want to flaunt about my dynamic lifestyle but because of the kind of experiences I had throught out. It all started when I was in my +1. I was really determined that I would study for IIT. I have even started preparing for that diligently. But, unfortunately, after my first year, I had to move to a different college because my parents were really scared about the teaching standards in my previous college. In the new college, there was no special IIT coaching and so, I had feel contented with the EAMCET coaching. Then, further, when I got admission in BITS, I truly felt delighted and thought I would really work hard and see to it that I would succeed there. However, after the first two to three months, I lost the interest and the zeal to achieve some thing. Also, the senior's comments, that most of us would however be going to join a software company, has totally put off the flickering enthusiasm to study the core subjects. For this, ofcourse, I agree that I was to be blamed. However, the real twist was that though I planned to come out of the college placed in some company, I was forced to leave the college as an early graduate because unknowingly I had completed all the credits required for becoming a graduate.. :( so ,here I was, out of college, completely ignorant of what and how to do with my life after the graduation. After getting a couple of rejects from software companies, I finally got an admit to pursue my MS in IIIT. This, I thought was a golden opportunity. I was once again on could no 9 as I thought I could not only gain some additional programming skills but also, could get chance to get in to some of the most reputed companies, that come for the campus placements in IIIT. The course was of two years and I was totally geared up for the course. However, exactly after an year, I found my self sitting in a software company as a associate consultant and why was that? I cannot tell you but some things happened in my life that have not only changed the entire course but also my way of thinking.They have taught me excellent lessons that I would cherish and nurture through out my life.
Being in Kanbay was a great experience, to start with. It was relatively a very young company with most of the employees aged between the 20s and mid-30s. I also had some really good friends out there and everything seemed fine. I have decided that I was going to be there for another 2 years (yeah...again, it was 2 years :)))..So, I went ahead and utilized the company's accommodation for the first week and also, availed a personal loan of 70,000 on company's surety( to be paid in 24 monthly installments)..However, things went contrary to my expectations. Once the training was over, I was put on bench and for almost 4 months, I remained on the bench. Not just me but all my batch mates were all in the same situation. then, I started hunting for jobs again. One day, one of my frnds came to my flat early in the morning and told me that Oracle was conducting a walk-in and so, he was going to attend that. He asked me if I was interested in participating that. I dont know from where I got the drive but I thought 'Why not??'. So, I went and attended the walk in. After 3 written tests and 8 rounds of interviews, Oracle finally thought I was eligible to join their company. So, I have shifted the company. But the sad part was I had to pay not just the hotel rent that the company sponsored me when I joined Kanbay, but also the entire personal amount tht I have availed on the company's surety.
well, now I'm with Oracle( with the same clause again attached..would work here atleast 2 years ;)))) lets see..
well, all I wanted to say is that though I have planned enough, I was never able to realize that completely. There was always this divine intervention that had an upper hand over my own plans and deliberations.
hammy..What should I say ... God is Great..But, there is one thing that I have learnt through all this experience...Believe in him and though you might now get the things you asked for, you would certainly not get things that you would repent( for having)..
that's all from me now,
Luv

No comments: