Loading

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Lessons for life


Hi, had a very ugly day at work...feeling really bad about all this..only if I had a chance to correct the small mistake I made...hmm....it sounds silly, is'nt it? of course, everyone who does a mistake thinks so..but, the tough truth is you never get a chance again. of course, there are many reasons for it...one being our science is still too primitive to device methods for time travel..once again, divine proposition..I suppose. I know this has been an issue with me since ages but dont know why I have been neglecting it all the while...hasty always... I remember hundred different situations where I flunked because I was doing things in haste. but, seems like I have not really learned much from them...now, I have two options in from of me...the first and most easy one is to brood over this, try to find some one whom I can call and pour out my sadness and then, if possible, get some sympathy. Sounds good and familiar as well. Typically, you are trying to project your self as a martyr even though, in reality, all you did was to commit suicide. I'm just astonished how much you breed on sympathy. Shouldn't you feel ashamed of that? aren't you a grown up, one who can handle his issues by himself? Going to the second option. Analyse why things went wrong. Obviously, that should have been done by now. (yeah..its done..confirmed). next thing is to find out what is the base cause of such an error? i.e. to identify the mistake..even this, should have been done by now (yeah...this is also done. its because, I was in haste to complete things . ofcourse, this is not the sole reason. The second one is that I never do a thorough check of things..). Now, my question to you is are you really determined not to commit the same mistake again? yeah..not just because it would help me in my work at office but also because its very important for achieving all the goals and targets I had planned for my self. Listen. you can do that. All you need to do is to be e a bit more careful. That is all. As far as I can see. there are very few bothering issues with your self and this is one of them. All you need for getting over these issues to to have a strong will and a little bit of effort. Remember, nothing is really difficult and it all depends the way you take things.
ok..let me stop just telling abstract things and give you some pieces of advice that should be helpful to you.
At Work :
1. Never take up new work just before leaving. Say , you are planning to leave by 6:30 PM, stop taking further work by 6:00 . Rather, Sit back, got thru your to-do list for the day and prepare the to-do list for the next day.
2. Before closing an issue or before handing over the work to some one else , make sure you have crossed all the Ts and dotted all the 'i's. Make a double check.Its ok if you waste some time but make sure you dont need to re-do it over.Make atleast one full and a thorough check.
3. Ask for information. Never start on things that are either unclear or beyond your perception. Ask for information all such things. Its your right to get the required details and if denied or given improperly, make sure its properly conveyed.
4. Make sure things are all well communicated. If you think some thing is bothering you, communicate it to the appropriate person.
5. Never expect others to feel responsible for you. Everyone has got his/her own job and believe me, people are selfish. I dont want to comment whether its correct or not, but that's the general way things are. So, no point in cribbing about that.
6. Make sure you are not neglecting things of higher importance to you in solving those that are a priority of others and not you.
In personal Life:
1. Be bold and try to learn from your mistakes.
2. Never expect things from others. I have told this a hundred times and still, some how, it did not register well in your mind. Decide today whether you want to be a parasite of other's ability and views or you want to be by yourself.
3. Never crave of other's sympathy. You are a grown up now and so, you should be able to handle yourself.
4. Talk to your self. Start looking inwards for help rather than for help from external sources. You know yourself more than any one and you don't need external moral boosting
5. Be happy and smile ( I already see you smiling. Good, keep it up ....you are an angel... :))))))
Take care
Luv

No comments: